2016 IASLC-ALCF Joint Fellowship Award for the Early Detection of Lung Cancer
- The IASLC-ALCF Young Investigator Award will provide $150,000 per year over 2 years, i.e. a total of $300,000 depending on the proposal and final decision by the Scientific Review Committee.
- The award will cover direct research costs, international travel, salary requirements and equipment costs only. No indirect costs/benefits will be covered by this funding.
- Young Investigators must propose to conduct first in field, innovative and transformative research on new modalities for the early detection of lung cancer.
- Young Investigators must be guided by mentors at the host institutions of their choice who are willing to provide formal documentation of their Mentorship Plan for the applicant.
- Progress of each research project will be reviewed and decisions on continued funding will be made jointly by ALCF and IASLC.
- The funding period for the 2016 ALCF-IASLC Young Investigator Awards is June 1, 2016- May 31, 2018.
IASLC Fellowship and Young Investigator Awards
Funding for IASLC fellowship and young investigator awards provides for training of fellows and young investigators who wish to pursue a career in diagnosis, treatment, laboratory research or other aspects of lung tumors.
IASLC Fellowships and young investigator awards are granted for one year. The stipend for an IASLC grant is $40,000 per year.
Eligibility Criteria – Fellowship Award
- Fellowship support should be requested by a Principal Investigator who applies on behalf of a designated candidate.
- The Principal Investigator must be a member of the IASLC.
- A Principal Investigator can only apply for one candidate.
- The work proposed by the fellow must be conducted at the Principal Investigator's institution.
- Funding for the Fellowship will be given at the post-doctoral level. During the year of the award the candidate must be either an M.D. in fellowship training or its equivalent, or a Ph.D. in postdoctoral training less than 3 years.
Eligibility Criteria – Young Investigator Award
- The applicant (MD or PhD) must be within 3 years of initial faculty appointment of the time of application and within 3 years of completion of fellowship/post-doctoral training.
- The applicant must be a member of the IASLC.
View Additional Information:
Completed Applications can be sent via email to: Pia.Hirsch@iaslc.org