The LCFA/IASLC Lori Monroe Scholarship in Translational Lung Cancer Research
The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) and the Lung Cancer Foundation of America (LCFA) are proud to announce a Request for Application for the LCFA/IASLC Lori Monroe Scholarship in Translational Lung Cancer Research. The scholarship will fund two lung cancer research grants over two years. Each grant recipient will receive $200,000.
IASLC Fellowship and Young Investigator Awards
Funding for IASLC fellowship and young investigator awards provides for training of fellows and young investigators who wish to pursue a career in diagnosis, treatment, laboratory research or other aspects of lung tumors.
IASLC Fellowships and young investigator awards are granted for one year. The stipend for an IASLC grant is $40,000 per year.
Eligibility Criteria – Fellowship Award
- Fellowship support should be requested by a Principal Investigator who applies on behalf of a designated candidate.
- The Principal Investigator must be a member of the IASLC.
- A Principal Investigator can only apply for one candidate.
- The work proposed by the fellow must be conducted at the Principal Investigator's institution.
- Funding for the Fellowship will be given at the post-doctoral level. During the year of the award the candidate must be either an M.D. in fellowship training or its equivalent, or a Ph.D. in postdoctoral training less than 3 years.
Eligibility Criteria – Young Investigator Award
- The applicant (MD or PhD) must be within 3 years of initial faculty appointment of the time of application and within 3 years of completion of fellowship/post-doctoral training.
- The applicant must be a member of the IASLC.
Completed Applications can be sent via email to: Pia.Hirsch@iaslc.org