IASLC 8th Edition Staging Educational Materials
The Second Edition of the IASLC Staging Manual in Thoracic Oncology reports on the latest revisions of the tumor, node and metastasis (TNM) classifications of thoracic malignancies, namely lung cancer; malignant pleural mesothelioma; carcinoma of the esophagus, of the esophago-gastric junction and thymic epithelial tumors.
The second edition of the IASLC Staging Manual in Thoracic Oncology differs from earlier iterations of the manual in several ways, including:
- It contains information on the four above-mentioned neoplasms, instead of the first edition's sole focus on lung cancer and mesothelioma.
- Besides the chapters describing the basic TNM classifications of the four thoracic malignancies, there are chapters on the history of the TNM classifications of the four tumors that give a lot of background information on the development of their staging systems.
- There are original chapters on the new recommendations proposed by the IASLC for classifying lung cancers presenting with multiple lesions, for measuring tumor size and for coding the newly described adenocarcinoma in situ and minimally invasive adenocarcinoma, as well as on prognostic factors.
- There are color atlases graphically describing the TNM classifications of the four thoracic malignancies.
- Additional chapters assist in the classification of tumors with characteristics that do not fit in the present official descriptors.
To order physical copies of the staging manual or handbook, please email email@example.com. 20 copies or less are free. However, the requestor is required to pay shipping costs.
The IASLC Staging Manual in Thoracic Oncology app is available in English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish and Italian as a free mobile application in the Apple iTunes and Google Play stores.
Staging Handbook in Thoracic Oncology, 2nd Edition by IASLC is a pocket-size book that allows one to instantly reference basic TNM information on the descriptors of the three components of anatomic tumor extent. It also includes an atlas with figures describing the different categories.
Staging Laminate Reference Cards, 8th Edition are also pocket-size and can be kept in the pockets of the white coats or surgical suits to quickly reference the different categories of the three components of anatomic extent of lung cancer. Download an individual card or the entire set by clicking the links below:
- Card I | Card II | Card III | Card IV | Card V | Card VI | Card VII | Card VIII | Card IX | Card X | Card XI | Card XII | Card XIII | Card XIV | Card XV | Card XVI
- The posters of the TNM and of the pathologic details of the newcomers into the TNM system (AIS, MIA and LPA) are static elements intended to be on the walls of the physicians’ offices, radiology reading rooms and pathology review rooms for a quick reference during clinical discussions and when signing off on different reports including the clinical and/or pathologic TNM classification.
The IASLC Staging Database T-Factor/N-Factor/M-Factor TNM Stage Slide Catalog, Informative Captions, and Citations is a unique tool provided by the IASLC, intended to facilitate understanding and the dissemination of the TNM classification in the most accurate way possible. The slides embedded within the catalog contain IASLC material extracted from original articles that informed the changes proposed for the 8th edition of the TNM classification. They are offered to assist with the preparation of educational presentations.
- The slides, materials and JTO articles included within this catalog are from the 7th edition of the TNM staging system. Materials from the 8th edition will be available soon.
The IASLC Lung Cancer Staging Project: Articles Regarding the 8th Edition of the TNM Classification for Lung Cancer, Thymic Tumors, and Mesothelioma cover the science behind the revisions introduced in the 8th edition of the TNM classification. These articles provide all the necessary information on the database used in the revision, the methodology applied, the results of the numerous analyses and their interpretation. Thus, they require a close read. Any doubt that one may have reading the core information included in the laminates, posters and apps will be solved by reading these landmark papers.