Lung Cancer Awareness Month
IASLC is taking part in November 2018's Lung Cancer Awareness Month (LCAM)!
Join the IASLC in helping to raise awareness about lung cancer during November’s Lung Cancer Awareness Month.
The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) is leading a joint effort among a consortium of non-profit lung cancer patient advocacy organizations and individuals. This effort is designed to produce a coordinated, harmonized public awareness campaign for Lung Cancer Awareness Month (LCAM) in November 2018. A critical part of this campaign is to share and widely promote the stories of lung cancer survivors, caregivers and families of those who have been diagnosed with lung cancer. These stories will be displayed on the campaign's brand new website www.lcam.org. They will also be shared on Twitter and Facebook feeds that have been set up specifically for the campaign. IASLC's hope is that this effort will be maintained and expanded upon in subsequent years.
Lung cancer accounts for about 27 percent of all cancer deaths and is by far the leading cause of cancer death among both men and women. Each year, more people die of lung cancer than of colon, breast, and prostate cancers combined.
It is important that IASLC members help communicate the vast threat lung cancer poses around the world. We need the public and the media to understand that new research, diagnosis and treatment breakthroughs in the last 10 years have brought new hope to patients and their families. To help spread the message about lung cancer, the IASLC created a series of fact sheets focusing on different regions around the globe and we translated them into several different languages. See our fact sheets.
IASLC encourages members to engage with local media and advocacy groups to bring more attention to the magnitude of this devastating disease. When you talk about lung cancer on social media, make sure you use #LCAM to consolidate all of our efforts during November. For more information on how you can become more active in helping bring attention to lung cancer, contact Becky Bunn, IASLC Projects Specialist, or visit our advocacy page.
Events & Programs:
- IASLC is hosting a Lung Cancer Awareness Month Forum on November 2, 2016 from 4-7p MSTat our office on Nov. 2, 2016 from 4-7 p.m. MST. The hope is that each attendee will share a story that highlights their experience with lung cancer. We encourage all our members to host similar gatherings during the month of November to bring health professionals and patients together outside the exam room.
Email Signature Graphic:
Copy and paste this image into your email signature, social media like Twitter, Pinterest, or Facebook.
IASLC LCAM poster to display at work. (Download)
IASLC LCAM PowerPoint Template (Download)
2015 Press Releases:
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month 2015: IASLC Aims to Change Perception of Disease
- New Treatments Changing Future of Lung Cancer
- IASLC Announces New Global Initiative to Create Patient/Provider Information System
The IASLC developed Fact Sheets with information for different regions across the globe.
- South America: Web (English) | Download PDF (English) | Download PDF (Spanish)
| Download PDF (Portuguese)