IASLC election sets new Officers and Board of Directors
New President, Treasurer named along with 8 new Board Members
DENVER – The members of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) have selected their new Officers and Board of Directors. The new board members have 151 combined years involved in the IASLC and more than 250 years of experience in lung cancer research. David Carbone, MD, PhD, professor of Internal Medicine and director of the James Thoracic Center at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, was elected President. He will serve as President-Elect until his term as President begins in 2015. David Gandara, MD, professor of Medicine at the University of California, Davis School of Medicine, was elected Treasurer.
The new Board Members include:
- Laurie Gaspar, MD, MBA, FASTRO, FACR, professor and chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado
- Pasi A. Jänne, MD, PhD, translational thoracic medical oncologist at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and an Associate Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Keith Kerr, BSc, MB, ChB, FRCPath, FRCPE, a consultant pathologist in Aberdeen and Honorary Chair in Pulmonary Pathology at University of Aberdeen in Aberdeen, Scotland
- Françoise Mornex, MD, PhD, professor of Oncology at the University Claude Bernard and radiation oncologist at Hospices Civils in Lyon, France
- Yuichiro Ohe, MD, deputy director at the National Cancer Center Hospital East in Chiba, Japan
- Solange Peters, MD, PhD, head of the thoracic malignancies program in the Department of Oncology of the University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- William D. Travis, MD, attending thoracic pathologist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; New York, New York
- Yi-long Wu, MD, vice-president of the Guangdong General Hospital and director of Guangdong Lung Cancer Institute, in Guangzhou, China
The new board members will join seven returning members and serve following the 2013 World Conference on Lung Cancer up to the 2015 WCLC. For information on the current Board visit: http://www.iaslc.org/about-us/board.
About the IASLC:
The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) is the only global organization dedicated to the study of lung cancer. Founded in 1974, the association’s membership includes more than 3,500 lung cancer specialists in 80 countries. To learn more about IASLC please visit www.iaslc.org.