Hosting Organization: International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC)
Event: Patient Advocacy Breakfast Series
The IASLC Patient Advocate Breakfast series is a series of meetings between IASLC staff and survivors/patient advocates. We foster an open dialogue to find opportunities for collaboration and to improve the experiences and involvement of survivors and patient advocates in IASLC activities. These meetings are scheduled once a month.
Please contact Kristin Richeimer (Kristin.Richeimer@iaslc.org) if you are interested in being a featured guest, or if you would like to attend any of the monthly meetings occurring at our headquarters location in Aurora, Colorado.
Hosting Organization: GRACE
Event: 2016 Targeted Therapies in Lung Cancer Patient Forum
A forum designed for patients and caregivers.
Hosting Organization: LUNGevity
Event: Upstage Lung Cancer - Sing Out!
May 20, 2016 - Don't miss this inspirational evening of music where we'll strike a chord to raise awareness of the changing face of lung cancer.
Across the US
Coast-to-coast, LUNGevity has the largest national network of grassroots events aimed at raising money for life-saving lung cancer research and creating awareness about the disease.
Hosting Organization: Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation (ALCF)
Event: Your Next Step is the Cure
- Chicago, IL - (6/26/2016)
- Hollywood, FL - (9/18/2016)
- San Francisco, CA - (9/25/2016)
- Philadelphia, PA - (10/2/2016)
- Spartanburg, SC - (11/5/2016)
These events raise much-needed funds for the patient services and clinical research projects of the Lung Cancer Foundation, but they also provide fun, family-friendly activities, including a kid’s dash, face painting, music, 5K event awards and more.
Event: 11th Annual Drive It Off the Earth Golf Tournament
Tee up for our annual Drive It Off the Earth Golf Tournament at Green Hills Country Club in Millbrae, CA. Whether your handicap is in the double- or single-digit category, we want you to join us and lend your swing to the fight against Lung Cancer.
June 13, 2016
Green Hills Country Club
500 Ludeman Lane Millbrae, CA 94030
Event: 11th Annual Simply the Best Dinner & Gala
Held annually in the Fall, this elegant evening features delectable food and wine, unique silent and live auction items, live music and dancing and the chance to visit with friends and make new ones. The event is a celebration of survivors, of hope and determination and an opportunity to honor those dedicated physicians and clinicians who are “Simply the Best” because of their work fighting Lung Cancer.
Event: Lung Cancer Living Room Bring Hope Home - A Patient Education and Support Series:
- June 21, 2016 Topic: Immunotherapies/Combination Therapies; Speaker: TBD
- July 19, 2016 Topic: Post American Society of Clincial Oncology (ASCO) Updates - New and Exciting Treatment Options; Speaker: Guneet Walia, PhD
- August 16, 2016 Topic: Payers and Coverage of Medical Costs; Speaker: TBD
- September 20, 2016 Topic: Radiation Oncology - When is Radiation Therapy an Option for Me; Speaker: TBD
- October 18, 2016 Topic: Is Cancer just Cancer? Looking through the Lens of Molecular Biology; Speaker: TBD
- November 15, 2016 Topic: Global Connections - The World Coming Together; Speaker: TBD
- December 20, 2016 Topic: Patient Roundtable and Holiday Celebration; Speaker: TBD