Lung Cancer Screening Using Low Dose Computed Tomography
Heidi Schmidt, MD
Micheal McInnis, MD
High Risk Lung Cancer Screening Pilot, University Health Network
The low dose computed tomography (LDCT) scan is the integral part of the lung cancer screening pathway. Cancer Care Ontario has crated a rigorous radiology quality assurance program within its High Risk Lung Cancer Screening Pilot (HRLCSP). The QA manual outlines standards regarding the facility and equipment, radiologist and other personnel training, template reporting and standardized follow up of lung nodules. The different modules of the QA program will be described in the webinar.
After viewing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- appreciate the necessity for rigorous radiology quality assurance (QA) in the context of lung cancer screening;
- know about the different components of radiology QA - facility, equipment, personnel, reporting; and
- know about standardized follow up of lung nodules.
Attendees can now view IASLC Live webinars via their mobile device.
Downloading of the Cisco WebEx Meetings app is required.
- For Droid users, download the Cisco WebEx Meetings app from the Google Play Store.
- For iPad & iPhone users, download the Cisco WebEx Meetings app from the App Store.
Once the app is installed on your device you will need to enter the event number for each session.
Registration is required for all IASLC webinars.