The IASLC is passionate about including the patient voice in events and resources. As a way to facilitate that, the society offers awards to allow patient advocates to immerse themselves in live educational events.
Ensuring Advocate Representation
For each IASLC World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC), the IASLC provides up to five Patient Advocacy Awards to individuals who foster awareness, support and hope in the lung cancer community.
Designed to increase connections between the IASLC and patient advocacy organizations throughout the world, the awards are open to nonprofit organizations, as well as to individuals.
Those chosen from the competitive process receive complimentary WCLC registration and hotel accommodations, along with a travel stipend and IASLC membership for one year.
Nabanita Mandal - IASLC WCLC 2018 Education Award Winner - May 07, 2019
Caleb Egwuenu - IASLC 2018 WCLC Education Award Winner
Vivek Tomar - IASLC WCLC 2018 Education Award Winner
- Dr. Vivek Tomar, Advocate, Caretaker, India
- Dr. Juanita Segura, Survivor, Advocate, and Speaker, United States
- Erin Sarauer, Survivor, Public Speaker, United States
- Nabanita Mandal, Patient Advocate, PRAYAS, India
- Caleb Egwuenu, Founder, Stand Up to Cancer Naija, Nigeria