The IASLC is passionate about including the patient voice in events and resources. As a way to facilitate that, the society offers awards to allow patient advocates to immerse themselves in live educational events.
Ensuring Advocate Representation
For each IASLC World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC), the IASLC provides up to five Patient Advocacy Educational Awards to individuals who foster awareness, support, and hope in the lung cancer community. These awards are targeted to patients/survivors, caregivers/partners, and patient advocates who are early in their advocacy journey and would benefit from in-person attendance at WCLC.
Nabanita Mandal - IASLC WCLC 2018 Education Award Winner - May 07, 2019
Caleb Egwuenu - IASLC 2018 WCLC Education Award Winner
Vivek Tomar - IASLC WCLC 2018 Education Award Winner
- Dr. Vivek Tomar, Advocate, Caretaker, India
- Dr. Juanita Segura, Survivor, Advocate, and Speaker, United States
- Erin Sarauer, Survivor, Public Speaker, United States
- Nabanita Mandal, Patient Advocate, PRAYAS, India
- Caleb Egwuenu, Founder, Stand Up to Cancer Naija, Nigeria