Applications ARE NOW OPEN!
While peer review is critical to academic publishing and research, formal training opportunities for physicians and physician-scientists are limited. In an effort to improve reviewer performance and the quality of manuscript reviews, the IASLC, JTO, and JTO CRR will conduct a formalized workshop to train reviewers, in particular, to be able to make judgments on the impact of manuscripts, which is the most difficult part of the review process.
This is a one-day workshop held during the Annual WCLC meeting to train early and mid-career IASLC members in manuscript review.
- To build up a pool of excellent reviewers for IASLC journals
- To learn technical aspects of publishing, ethics, and publication guidelines
- Understand the review process and learn to be critical reviewers
- To be capable of judging the impact of a manuscript
- To make decisions consistent with the impact factor of the journal under consideration
Selection Criteria and Process
Applications are reviewed and scored by the workshop faculty. Final selections are made from the highest-scoring applicants to achieve diversity and regional representation. Applicants will be notified of their status by email in summer 2024.
2024 Application Timeline
February 1, 2024
April 1, 2024
September 11, 2024
2022 Reviewer Workshop
Members from Europe joined us at the last IASLC Reviewer Workshop in Vienna, Austria, at WCLC 2022.