IASLC Africa Conference on Lung Cancer 2018 (#AFCLC18)
GOAL AND PURPOSE:
The IASLC Africa Conference on Lung Cancer 2018 (AFCLC) is an educational and scientific event which will cover all aspects of the management of lung cancers, mesothelioma, thymic and other thoracic malignancies.
There is no cost for register for this event.
Hotel package includes the following:
- Accommodation for four nights in a single room at the Hotel Hilton City Center 5 from April 28 until May 2
- Daily breakfast
Three seminar packages including two coffee breaks and one buffet lunch per day on April 29, April 30 and May 1
- Two buffet dinners on April 29 and April 30
Total cost: $972 USD
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Basic research scientists
- Allied health professionals
- Advocacy members
- Participants will learn about tobacco control and smoking cessation programs, and how to implement them in their daily practice.
- Attendees will update their knowledge on early detection and screening.
- Lectures will be given on state-of-the-art treatment of thoracic malignancies and recent diagnostic and therapeutic advances.
- Participants will learn about palliative care and its implementation in daily practice.
- Information will be given about the possibilities for continuing medical education.
- Attendees will learn about clinical trial designs and how to become successful investigators of co-operative research groups.
- The conference will introduce attendees to the dynamics of patient support and advocacy groups.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient’s conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
Professors Giorgio V. Scagliotti, Abdelaziz Maaouni, Fred R. Hirsch, David P. Carbone, Federico Cappuzzo, Christian Rolfo; Nabil Ismaili, Fadila Guessous